Commonly used materials for chemical equipment-the characteristics of graphite materials
The technological conditions of the chemical production process are very complicated, the pressure ranges from vacuum to high pressure or even ultra high pressure; the temperature ranges from cryogenic to high temperature; the medium is corrosive, flammable, explosive, toxic and even highly toxic.
In order to ensure the safe operation of chemical equipment, the design has high requirements on the reliability of the selected chemical equipment materials. Commonly used materials for chemical equipment can be divided into two categories: metal and non-metal. Among them, the most widely used are metal materials. There are many factors to consider when selecting materials.
The general requirements for materials are as follows:
①Should have sufficient strength and rigidity; good plasticity and toughness.
②It has certain corrosion resistance in the medium.
③Good processing performance
④ Extensive resources, sufficient supply and reasonable economy.
Graphite materials include natural graphite and artificial graphite.
Natural graphite mineral has a large impurity content and is not easy to select. It can be used as surface coating and colloidal lubricant.
Artificial graphite is made of impermeable graphite after special processing (such as carbonization and graphitization with organic materials). It is made of general artificial graphite products as the matrix and impregnated with resin to fill the pores in the matrix, or graphite powder and resin are used for adhesion. Binder, pressed or cast, also called plastic graphite.
Impermeable graphite has the characteristics of superior corrosion resistance, good thermal conductivity, low linear expansion coefficient, strong thermal shock resistance, and good processing performance; but it is low in strength and brittle. Commonly used in chemical equipment, such as block, tube and radialGraphite heat exchanger, Falling film graphite absorber, concentrated sulfuric acid graphite diluter, graphite synthesis furnace and corrosion-resistant pipes, pipe fittings and bed plates, graphite explosion-proof discs, etc.
The chemical properties of impermeable graphite vary with the performance of the impregnating resin. In addition to strong oxidizing media and strong alkalis, phenolic impregnated graphite is resistant to corrosion by various organic acids, inorganic acids, salt solutions and various organic solvents. Furan resin impregnated is more resistant to alkalis and strong oxidizing acids. Polytetrafluoroethylene impregnated graphite Can withstand the corrosion of various media.
- Effect of graphite multi-effect concentration device on heat transfer
- How to distinguish graphite condenser and graphite cooler
- Round block hole graphite cooler
- Correctly replace the tubes of the graphite heat exchanger
- Matters needing attention in the operation of graphite heat exchangers
- Application standard of graphite absorber production process
- Intelligent transformation accelerates world industrial growth will continue
- What are the applications of graphite coolers in the condensation of furnace gas in the soda production?
- New graphite evaporator-synonymous with energy saving, environmental protection and efficient use
- New graphite heat exchanger promotes high-efficiency, energy-saving and high-quality technology development
- A brief history of the development of graphite equipment
- Matters needing attention in the use of graphite heat exchangers
- The structure of graphite heat exchanger
- Reasons and solutions for leakage of graphite heat exchanger
- Future market prospects of graphite absorbers
- Frosting of graphite evaporator is normal
- The structure and characteristics of graphite heat exchanger
- What are the characteristics of graphite absorbers
- What is the difference between graphite condenser and graphite cooler
- What are the advantages of graphite heat exchangers?